Dental Implant Surgery|5 MUST KNOW considerations!
Dental Implant Surgery- 5 “MUST KNOW” conditions before scheduling your implant placement
If you are considering dental implant surgery you must know that 3D dental x rays are far superior to traditional 2 D x rays for dental implant surgery. Only 3D dental x rays can deliver accurate measurements for these necessary parameters
1. Bone Length- The first thing your dentist must know is if the bone length available for placement of your dental implant surgery is sufficient. Traditional 2D x rays can approximate this distance, but Sedona dentist Roy Daniels can have certainty by using a 3D dental x ray (3D CT Scan).
2. Bone Width- The width of your bone CAN NOT be measured with traditional 2D x rays. Our 3D technology allows for an exact measurement of the exact width PRIOR your dental implant surgery. This avoids surprises that the bone is not wide enough.
3. Bone Quality- Do you have hard or soft bone at your implant sight? Is your bone “solid” like steel? Or is your bone soft and spongy? This is a MUST KNOW condition before placing your dental implant! Traditional 2D x rays DO NOT provide this information regarding the bone quality. 3D dental x rays enable your Sedona, AZ dentist to calculate the density and hardness of you bone.
Strong and Hard Bone D1
Soft and Flimsy Bone D
4. Bone Angle: Your jawbone is anything but straight! Your dentist MUST KNOW the variations in your individual jaw anatomy before surgery. 3D dental x ray technology takes the guesswork out of what angle your dental implant should be placed. This insures a more accurate and certain placement.
5. Critical Nerves and Sinuses- Your final MUST KNOW element is the location of your nerves and sinuses. 3D dental x ray technology can assist in accurately placing your dental implants. If your dentist does not know the exact location of your nerve, you could get temporary or permanent numbness similar to a dental injection in your mouth. 3D dental x rays allow proper critical landmark placement.
We hope this information will help you make an informed decision when considering dental implants. Keep in mind that only a limited number of dental offices offer this 3d dental x ray technology. Sedona dentist Roy Daniels offers dental implants to Cottonwood, Clarkdale, Camp Verde, Cornville and Village of Oak Creek residents.
We invite you for a FREE dental implant consultation. Call today and reserve your time at 928-282-3246.